Inspire Award Scholarship for higher education (SHE) is a scholarship program implemented by the department of science and technology (DST), government of India.
Itis a scholarship that comes under the innovation in science pursuit for inspired result INSPIRE.
Eligibility for inspire award scholarship?
The meritorious students who achieved rank in top 1% in 12 class in their respective boards in science stream.
The candidate must be enrolled in courses of basic sciences at BSc , Msc or integrated Bsc/Msc after passing class 12.
The age of the candidate is between 17 -22 years.
• The candidates who secured rank in top 10000 in entrance examination like JEE,NEET are also eligible.
• Similarly,scholars of NTSEand KVPY are also eligible for scholarship program.
Awards and benefits of scholarship?
• Under this scheme,each candidate wil be paid scholarship amount of 80,000 per annum for the study of science and technology to pursue
their career in research field.
• NOTE:-INR 20000 wil be paid for summer research project who participate in it.
Procedure for inspire award scholarship?
1. First ,we have to register ourselves on the official inspire portal.
2.After registration,we receive User I’d and password from which we can access the main portal .
3. Now log in to the portal by using the provided user id and password.
4.Now candidate should fill all the personal details and postt therequired documents including your marksheet , performance report etc.
5.Before submitting ,make sure that all the details filled by you are correct.
What are the documents needed for scholarship?
Documents include passport size photo,10 marksheet for verifying date of birth,12 marksheet, performance report .
Also endorsement certificate signed by the principal/director of the college, Certificate
specifying rank in various exams in case of JEE,NEET .
What is the cut-off of inspire scholarship?
Here is the cut-off list of 2019 inspire scholars.
What is the selection procedure of inspire program?
• After uploading documents ,a list of selected candidates is uploaded on the portal.
• Selected candidates should download their provisional offer letter from the portal.
• They have to post bank details and front page of their bank passbook within limited time frame.
• The selected candidates should receive their scholarship directly into their SBI account through CBDT.(Direct Bank Transfer).
What is the renewal procedure of inspire?
• A candidate have to score at least 60% or 7 cgpa on a 10 point scale to continue the scholarship.
If he fails to do this,then the scholarship is cancelled for the current academic year and only continued after the candidate’s performance is satisfactory.
• The scholarship amount is directly transfers to your SBI bank account.
Accounts in other banks can’t be entertained.
Written By – Deepak Kumar ( Senior Analyst)
Also Read – Public Provident Funds